Last Modified on Mar 4 2019.
Welcome to Kinde’s privacy notice.
Kinde is a private company that aims to help individuals who have registered to join Kinde achieve better mental health and quality of life. We do this by connecting users to social communities for peer-to-peer storytelling, information sharing, and resource finding.
At Kinde we believe open and honest sharing between people can inspire positive connection and social gain. Because this may involve you sharing sensitive information about your mental health and treatment, we must provide clear, transparent privacy guidelines. As a valued user it’s important for you to know how we use and share your data and how you can control what happens to information that is shared on Our Services.
This policy describes the information we process to support Kinde. It is our aim to give you information on how Kinde collects and processes your personal data through the use of Our Services, including any data you may provide when you contribute to discussions, share your experiences, sign up to our newsletter, or take part in competitions.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
If you are under the age of 16 then you are prohibited from creating an account and becoming a member of Kinde. Our Products are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. In fact we ask users to verify they are over the age of 16 upon signing up to use Kinde so all our users have represented to us they are over 16. Creating an account with false info is a violation of our terms. If we become aware that a child under 16 is using Our Products, we will take steps to remove the child’s personal information and delete the child’s account.
Kinde is owned and operated by RevivAll Inc. registered in the United States. Its registered office address is: 2401 Walnut St, Ste 102, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Our full details are: RevivAll Inc.
Full name of legal entity: RevivAll Inc., 2401 Walnut St, Ste 102, Philadelphia, PA 19103
Name or title of data privacy manager: Nadia James
Email address: nadia.james [at] wearekinde.com
Postal address: 2401 Walnut St, Ste 102, Philadelphia, PA 19103, United States
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the US authority for data protection issues www.ftc.gov. We, however, would greatly appreciate you contacting us first so that we have a chance to deal with your concerns before approaching the FTC.
It is also important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our Products may include links to third-party websites, applications and plug-ins. Clicking on those links or enabling such connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide Kinde Products, we must process information about you. Personal data, or personal information, includes information about an individual through which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed, and data has been made anonymous.
We may collect, use, store or transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- User Data includes age range, gender, minority status and health concerns.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, preferences, and settings.
- Usage Data includes information (e.g., photos, comments, MyHealth log, Challenge log) that you post to the Service and information shared via free text fields (e.g., forum, home feed).
- Communication Data includes your communication preferences and preferences in receiving marketing from us, and our third parties. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails and may opt out of Marketing-related emails.
We only collect Identity Data to the extent that it allows us to connect you with more relevant (empathetic) groups of individuals. We do not require or encourage the sharing of identity data including first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, and date of birth. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences, unless this has been voluntarily shared by you on Our Services.
We collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your usage data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends on our Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use your analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Kinde.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., used to mark keywords in posts), category or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
- Direct Methods: You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by creating an account on our Services, filling in forms, or corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when applying for Services, creating an account, subscribing to Services or publications, requesting marketing communications to be sent to you; entering competitions, promotions or surveys, or providing us with feedback.
- Automated Methods: As you interact with our Services, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Technical Data including device type and version, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform may be collected for use by our Services or third-party analytics tools. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We only use your personal data as the law allows us to. Click here to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we rely on to process your personal data.
We use may your personal data in instances where:
- You consent to its processing.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we need to perform a contract that we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests, and does not override your fundamental rights.
We often may use your information to:
- automatically update the Kinde application on your device
- help you access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- provide personalized content and information, which could include health resources, ads or forms of marketing
Communications sent to you
By becoming an account holder, you agree that we may provide you with information about Our Services by email or any other medium that we consider appropriate. You may opt-out of receiving these materials and notifications by changing your communication preferences in the settings area of your account or by emailing us. You have the right to withdraw consent to receive marketing communications at any time by contacting us or changing your communication preferences in your account settings.
5. SHARED AND RESTRICTED DATA
Keeping your identity safe
None of your personally identifiable information (i.e. email address, date of birth, age range) is ever visible to other users or third parties without your explicit consent. We encourage you to choose a non-identifiable username as this is visible to other users.
If you choose to use a username that could identify you, then certain information you choose to post may be identified as your data. This may also happen if you upload a photo of yourself, or a likeness of yourself, as a profile picture. Prior to choosing a username that may identify you, posting any photos of likeness to you, and/or posting other information that may identify you, consider carefully whether you:
- wish to be identifiable on Our Site; and
- want to post information that may be capable of being linked to you.
Some of the information that Users provide about themselves may be shared with the Kinde community, Partners, and others (“Shared Data”). In the course of using the Service, Users may share information that could be used to reasonably identify them (“Personal Information”). When a User chooses to share Personal Information via a free text field (e.g. ask a question, post a status update) and photos or images, the information shall be treated as Shared Data. Users are encouraged to share health information but should consider that the more personal information that is entered, the more likely it is that a User could be located or identified.
Specific information that Users enter when registering to use or using the Service will not be shared with, sold to, or displayed for other Users or Partners (“Restricted Data”). Users should expect that every piece of information they submit, except for Restricted Data, may be shared with the Kinde community, Partners and others.
The following information that we collect is not shared with the Kinde community (other Users included) and others:
- Email address, as collected and verified as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Password, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Age range, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Gender, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Minority Status, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Health concerns, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information; and
The following information that we collect is not shared with Partners, including:
- Username, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Profile photo, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information;
- Email address, as collected and verified as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information; and
- Password, as collected as part of registration or in a User’s Account Information.
How Shared And Restricted Data Are Used
There are instances where both Shared Data and Restricted Data, including Personal Information, may be used and disclosed including, but not limited to, the following:
- Kinde uses Shared Data, Restricted Data, and Service Usage Data internally, as needed, for research, for maintenance and operation of the Service, and to create the best possible tools and functionality for patients.
- Kinde may use a User’s data in the case of an emergency or other circumstance that we determine requires a User of the management team to directly contact the User.
- Kinde may share or disclose a User’s data where required by law or to comply with legal process.
- In the event Kinde goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, the Shared Data and Restricted Data, including Personal Information, might be among the assets transferred. Users will be notified via this Service of any such change in ownership or control of Personal Information.
Kinde and its Partners are interested in helping to improve people’s understanding of mental health and ability to improve their mental wellbeing and health outcomes. Kinde provides Shared Data, in aggregate format, to Partners and other third parties primarily for health and wellness promotion, and research use. When selling this information, Kinde removes Users’ Restricted Data to reduce the likelihood of personal identification.
Kinde may also periodically ask Users to complete mental health and wellbeing related surveys as well as surveys about their experiences (including questions regarding our products and services). Survey responses are analyzed, combined with Users’ Shared Data and shared with and/or sold to Partners. User participation in these surveys is not required, and refusal to do so will not impact a User’s experience on the Service.
Restricted Data is not automatically shared with, sold to, or displayed for other Users or Partners. Specific instances where Restricted Data may be used include, but are not limited to, the following:
- If a User agrees to participate in a media interview (as arranged by Kinde), Kinde will share the contact information the User provides (i.e. username, email) with the reporter for the purpose of conducting an interview;
- If a User agrees to participate in a blog feature, Kinde will share the contact information the User provides (i.e. username, email) with the person responsible for the blog post;
- If a User makes a request, Kinde may use Restricted Data, including sharing the User’s Restricted Data with software/service vendors, for the purpose of fulfilling the request. (i.e. requesting to receive the company newsletter via email).
Kinde cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users with whom a User may interact in the course of using the Service or who may have access to a User’s Shared Data. Additionally, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data that Users may provide about themselves.
Kinde employs commercially reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, to safeguard personal and other information collected through this Service. We believe these commercially reasonable practices provide adequate security to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information we collect on our Site.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, accessed, altered, or disclosed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your data only to those employees, agents, contractors and third parties with a business need to know. They will only process your data on our instructions and are subject to duties of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with suspected data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach as legally required to do so.
Keeping your account safe
In order to register with us and become an account holder, you will be invited to provide a password, a username, email and/or phone number. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information.
You may not use anyone else’s account without the express permission of the account holder at any time. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You will never be required to reveal your full password to any representative or agent of Kinde. If you forget your password, we may ask you to answer a specific question such as your username, or email address.
You agree to notify support [at] Wearekinde.com immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. If you think that someone else has access to your password you should change it immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for any loss or damage incurred by us or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
7. UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
To make changes to your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
8. DATA RETENTION
How long we keep your User Content and Data:
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying legal, accounting, and reporting requirements.
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Kinde, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- Contact us to delete your account. Include “DEACTIVATE” in the subject line.
When determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, as well as potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data. We also consider the purposes for which we are processing your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes by other means, and applicable legal requirements. Generally, once an account has been closed we will process your data for limited purposes, and look to delete or anonymise data from inactive accounts after 7 years. You can request access to further details from our retention policy by contacting us.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws, you have rights to your personal data, and as such can:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request the erasure of personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request restricted processing of your personal data.
- Request your personal data be transferred.
- Withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or exercise any of your other rights. However,if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee, or alternatively, refuse to comply with your request at such a point. We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests, it may on occasion take us longer than one month. In this case, we will promptly notify you and keep you updated.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data). This security measure is taken in order to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to persons who have no right to receive it.
Attn: Privacy Issues
64 Nile Street
London N1 7SR